Entrepreneurship is shaping the future of communities around the world. This year, Global Entrepreneurship Week will involve over 10 million people in more than 120 countries who come together to inspire and challenge both aspiring and existing entrepreneurs. Here in Washington, you can celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders by participating in the regional Global Entrepreneurship Week Unleashing Ideas Kick-off Event at Georgetown University on Monday, November 14.
The Unleashing Ideas Kick-off Event will include:
- Official Kick-off ceremony for Global Entrepreneurship Week activities in Washington DC/United States including Carl Schramm, President, Kauffman Foundation and Co-Chair, Startup America Partnership
- Remarks about promoting Entrepreneurship in DC from Mayor Vincent Gray
- Entrepreneurial inspiration from Georgetown’s Entrepreneurs in Residence (bios included below)
- A reception featuring student entrepreneurs
- Timothy Keenan , President & Chairman of High Performance Technologies
- Alyssa Lovegrove , CEO and Founder of New Venture Mentors
- Susan Wilson, CEO and Founder of FundHer
- Jeff Reid, director of entrepreneurship and real estate finance initiatives, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
Monday, November 14, 2011, 5 p.m.
Reception to follow